Last Updated on October 24, 2017.
2. Traffic Data CollectedWe automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Site; (4) types of web browsers used to access the Site; (5) referring source that may have sent you to the Site; and (6) other information associated with the interaction between your browser and the Site (collectively "Traffic Data").
3. Personal Information CollectedWe may require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your e-mail address, phone number, and GuideVine password); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth, and your zip code); and (3) financial data. If you communicate with us by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
4. Interactive and Installed ToolsWe also collect other information, some of which may be Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you choose to use some of the Services' interactive tools and services ("Interactive Tools"), such as searching for investment advisors ("Advisors") or for available appointments with Advisors. We also collect information you provide voluntarily in free-form text boxes on the Site and through responses to surveys, questionnaires, and the like. Some of the free Interactive Tools on our Site ask you for Personal Information. You may elect to use certain Services available through the Site that require you to download and install software on your computer ("Installed Tools"). The Installed Tools may collect and transmit information from your computer system solely relating to use of the Installed Tools and for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, for example, by informing GuideVine when a user is logged on and available to receive update or alert notices.
6. Web Beacons
In limited circumstances we also may use tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to its home server information from the user's browser ("Web Beacons") to collect anonymous, non-personal information about your use of our Services and your use of emails, special promotions, or newsletters we send to you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using the Services or opening our emails, and for what purposes.
7. Website AnalyticsWe may use third party website analytics services in connection with the Services, for example, to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, as well as any text that you type into the Site. These website analytics services do not collect Personal Information that you do not voluntarily enter into the Site. These services do not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to identify usability problems and to make the Services easier to use. The recordings will never identify you or your account; they only record anonymous user information.
We may store all Traffic Data and review postings indefinitely, even after such information is deleted from the live system, and may archive such information elsewhere. We will modify or delete your Personal Information if you request that we do so, but we may still retain certain Personal Information for the reasons described in Section 19 below.
9. Information Provided on Behalf of Children
10. GuideVine's Use of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to outside parties except to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your Personal Information confidential. We may transfer information about you to another company in connection with our merger or acquisition.We may share your contact data, demographic data, and other Personal Information with the Advisors we contract with. Your use of the Services may also require GuideVine to use your Personal Information to establish appointments for you with your Advisors and to allow your Advisors to refer you to, and make appointments with, other Advisors on your behalf. We may also use your anonymized Personal Information to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends. Such research would only use your Personal Information in an anonymous manner that cannot be tied directly back to you.
We may use your Personal Information to send you information about certain resources or Advisors. We may use your contact data to send you information about GuideVine or our products or Services, to contact you when necessary, and in conjunction with your use of certain Interactive Tools. We may use your demographic data or other data to customize your experience through the Services, in emails, and in other communications, displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
12. User Choice
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use some of the Services; however you will not be able to access and use certain key features of the Services that require your Personal Information.
13. Confidentiality and Security
15. Public Information
Our Site has two general areas. The first area is accessible by the public while the other area is protected and only accessible to authenticated Users. Advisors identified on our Site are contractually obligated not to access any information on the protected portions of the Site. However, any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or forum on our Site will be accessible to your social network contacts/friends, so you should think carefully before posting any personally identifiable information on our Site. What you write may therefore be seen or collected by third parties and may be used by them or others in ways that we are unable to control or predict.
As a GuideVine user, your privacy and security always comes first, and our dedication to the safety and protection of your Personal Information remains as strong as ever.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology ("SSL").
17. Lost or Stolen Information
You must promptly notify us if your contact data is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that contact data from your account and update our records accordingly.
19. Controlling Your Personal Information
As a registered user of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. Upon your request, GuideVine will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your account and the Personal Information in your profile; however, it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by GuideVine. Registered users who wish to close their account can do so using the Setting tab when logged into www.guidevine.com.
20. Links to Other Websites